ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – WATER BASED
hydroflow is an environmentally friendly, water based casting compound with two components – a mineral powder and water based acrylic binder. This is not an epoxy resin, but added to the category to show all options.
- Ideal for coasters, platters, vases, planters, soap dishes and many other items.
- Creating ceramics & textured art pieces.
- Design as a terrazzo style, with specks, pieces and chips.
- Sand to create different finishes or expose terrazzo aggregate.
- Decorative castings.
- Colour with pigments and water based paints e.g. acrylic paints.
- Mix 2.5 parts powder to 1 part liquid activator.
- Water based and user-friendly (no harsh chemicals or solvent content).
- Pot life 10-20 minutes.
- Drying time approx. 30 minutes, demould in 1-2 hours.
- Can be sanded after 2 hours.
- Heat resistant up to 125°C surface contact temperature.
- Porous and can be sealed by brush using any acrylic/PVA sealer.
- Can be acid-etched with white vinegar when using stronger powder concentration, immerse for 30-60 minutes and clean off afterwards.
- White in colour.
- Indefinite shelf life.
A sustainable solution for creating functional and decorative items with a cement texture and appearance. Can be used to make smooth or textured pieces, hydroflow will replicate the most detailed texture in your mould to produce unique jewellery, creative arts and crafts.
The hydroflow is white in colour but can be coloured or tinted with pigments, pastes or tints. Use any water based pigment, acrylic inks, acrylic paints or powdered tempura paints. Any solid can be added (sand, mica, quartzite, dried shards of hydroflow etc). Patterns can be created in newly poured pieces using a variety of tools.