Mastercast 1-2-1 clear epoxy resin systems for artwork. Certified Non-Toxic ASTM D – 4236. Read cautions on individual containers carefully. The excellent clarity and transparency makes the resin system particularly suitable for the protection and decoration of art work.
“Suitable for use as food-safe coating but not as a cutting food-preparation surface.”
As stated on Eli Chem MasterCast 1-2-1 label.
- Seal/protect e.g.
– Artwork (paintings, sculptures and layered collage)
– Photos and prints
– Wood and timber artifacts
– Clocks, pictures and puzzles
- Tabletops and bar counters
- Badges, emblems and jewellery manufacture
- Flower-setting and paperweights
- Optically clear quality epoxy resin system
- 1:1 mix ratio is convienent and easy to apply
- Solvents and Odour free
- Nontoxic. Safe to use –conforms to ASTM D-4236 certified and EN71
- Ambient curing
- High build formula
- Exceptional UV resistance1
- Self leveling
- Can be applied by pouring, brush or roller
- Suitable for use as food-safe coating but not as a cutting food-preparation surface
1 Ensured by UV stabilizers, Blockers and Inhibitors. The products contain UV absorbers and HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilisers) and makes use of Cyclo-Aliphatic technology.
Perfect for sealing artwork, wood and laminates, and creating resin pour art. Not sure if this resin is right for your project? See our Eli-Chem Which Resin? comparison.
Mastercast is odour-free with no solvent content, BPA or Nonylphenol. It is classified low flammability. Please be advised although our resins are U.V stabilised this does not mean they are U.V. proof. Ultimately all our clear epoxy resins will show signs of U.V. degradation over time. The manufacturers Eli-Chem work constantly to improve U.V. protection, however resins are plastics and over time the sun will always win that battle.
Always wear gloves as it does contain chemicals and may cause allergic skin reactions in some people. Eye protection is also recommended.
Please note this resin has a heat distortion temperature of 45-50°C which makes it unsuitable for the placement of very hot objects on its surface such as cups, mugs, plates etc. We recommend UltraCast xt for excellent temperature resistance.
When resin is fully cured, it is safe for incidental contact with food, but not recommended for food preparation (e.g. cooking, cutting). Refer to Food Safety notes.
MasterCast 1-2-1 Pack Size Coverage at 0.5mm thick (approx.)
- 400g Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 0.572 m²
- 2 kg Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 2.86 m²
- 4 kg Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 5.72 m²
- 10 kg Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 14.30 m²
Resin amount calculator