XL Crackle Paste is great for creating textural art effects and bringing unique 3D cracks to your art. The XL Crackle Paste medium is a structural paste for the production of cracks which appear as the paste dries.
What makes this crackle medium unique? The cracks are deeper and wider the thicker you apply the XL Crackle Paste, and a layer of up to 50 mm thick is possible.
- Create 3D effects in textured art pieces
- Mix with colours before application or apply paint afterwards
- Apply to range of surfaces
- Two part kit, white base (primer) and XL Crackle Paste
- Kit size – 1.2kg – 800g paste and 400g primer (very roughly equates to 1.2 litre volume)
- Layers up to 50 mm thick are possible
- Best results are achieved at temperatures of 18-25 ° C
- Surfaces: canvas, wood, styrofoam, plastic, glass or metal
- Curing time: up to 2-3 days depending on thickness
- Not suitable for silicone materials
- Shelf life: 6 months in sealed containers
Crackle mediums have been around for a while but this exciting new development takes it a step further. The kit consists of two parts, a white base (primer) and the XL Crackle paste for the top layer. This two-stage format offers endless controllability and adaptability not previously possible with single-pack crackle mediums. The primer adheres well to materials such as canvas, wood, styrofoam, plastic, glass or metal. It is not suitable for materials made of silicone. The primer adheres perfectly to the crackle paste and can be pigmented before application.