TotalCast clear epoxy resin systems for artwork. Certified Non-Toxic ASTM D – 4236. Read cautions on individual containers carefully. The excellent clarity and optical transparency makes the resin particularly suitable for the protection and decoration.
“Suitable for use as food-safe coating but not as a cutting food-preparation surface.”
As stated on Eli Chem TotalCast label.
- Seal/protect e.g.
– Artwork (paintings, sculptures and layered collage)
– Photos and prints
– Wood and timber artifacts
– Clocks, pictures and puzzles
- Cast Jewellery items e.g. pendants and bangles
- Flower-setting and paperweights
- Optically clear quality epoxy resin system
- 1:1 mixing ratio
- Solvents and Odour free
- Non-toxic and VOC free
- BPA (Bisphenol) free
- Non-toxic. Safe to use – ASTM D-4236 certified and EN71
- Ambient curing
- High build formula
- UV stable, no need for HALS or UV blockers1
- Self leveling and easy to apply
- Built-in air release agents and moisture scavengers
- Can be applied by pouring, brush or roller
- Suitable for use as food-safe coating but not as a cutting food-preparation surface
1 Ensured by UV stabilizers, Blockers and Inhibitors. The products contain UV absorbers and HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilisers) and makes use of Cyclo-Aliphatic technology.
TotalCast epoxy resin system is used to coat and seal artwork on canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete, metals and often used to cast jewellery. Cutting edge polymeric technology and specially developed to be exceptionally user-friendly, giving a crystal clear outcome. Not sure if this resin is right for your project? See our Eli-Chem Which Resin? comparison.
In Brief – differences between TotalCast and MasterCast 1-2-1:
- TotalCast has a lower mixed viscosity and a thinner consistency than MasterCast.
- TotalCast cures in half the time (3-4hrs), but MasterCast offers a longer practical working time.
TotalCast epoxy resin can be applied by pouring, a brush or a roller. It is classified low flamability. Please be advised although our resins are U.V stabilised this does not mean they are U.V. proof. Ultimately all our clear epoxy resins will show signs of U.V. degradation over time. The manufacturers Eli-Chem work constantly to improve U.V. protection, however resins are plastics and over time the sun will always win that battle.
Always wear gloves as it does contain chemicals and may cause allergic skin reactions in some people. Eye protection is also recommended.
Please note this resin has a heat distortion temperature of 45-50°C which makes it unsuitable for the placement of very hot objects on its surface such as cups, mugs, plates etc. We recommend UltraCast xt for excellent temperature resistance.
When resin is fully cured, it is safe for incidental contact with food, but not recommended for food preparation (e.g. cooking, cutting). Refer to Food Safety notes.
TotalCast Pack Size Coverage at 0.5mm thick (approx.)
- 500g Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 0.715 m²
- 2 kg Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 2.86 m²
- 4 kg Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 5.72 m²
- 10 kg Kit (Resin+ Hardener) : 14.30 m²
Resin amount calculator
The bangle above is courtesy of Tali Iserles at Tallulah Does the Hula